Join our Dojo to learn about technology, meet new friends, and collaborate on fun projects!
Attending is free; however, signing up is necessary to guarantee a place at a session. Sign up to attend our next session here. Ninjas can attend whichever sessions interest them!
Time: Monthly on the second Tuesday from 6pm-8pm
- Simpatico Studios
- 956 Town Center
- New Britain, PA 18901
We are in the New Britain Town Center off of Lenape Dr (behind the shopping center with the Giant) near the District Court.
Bring: A laptop! Also a parent if you’re 13 or younger.
2020 Session Schedule
February 11th - Musical Micro:bit
Ninjas will work together to build a keyboard piano using micro:bits and fruit! We’ll learn about electricity and circuits while having fun making music 🍊🎵🎶
Will be announced in February!
- Scratch: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/editor/
- Trinket: https://trinket.io/
- HTML & CSS: https://internetingishard.com
- Python: https://www.learnpython.org
- Micro:bit: https://microbit.org/ideas/
- Code.org has free courses: https://code.org/
- TechGirlz runs free workshops for middle-school girls, click here to find one near you.
CoderDojo is a global movement of free, open, volunteer-led coding clubs (Dojos) where young people aged 7-17 (Ninjas) can explore digital technology with the support of their fellow Ninjas and volunteer mentors. CoderDojo’s mission is to give young people around the world the opportunity to learn to code in a social and safe environment. Learn more at coderdojo.com/about.
Anyone aged 7-17 is welcome to become a Ninja! All levels of programming and technical experience are welcome — no experience necessary! Parents/guardians are welcome to attend with all Ninjas (and must accompany Ninjas 13 or younger).
If the Ninja is 13 or younger, a parent should sign up for them.
To join our Dojo and hear about future sessions and events:
- Visit our Dojo page
- Register your interest by clicking the ‘Join’ button.
- Once there, you will also be able to reserve a space for upcoming Dojo sessions.
Bring a laptop! Any ninja 13 or younger must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Learning guided by tech mentors and self-directed, so Ninjas get to choose whether they’re interested in learning Scratch (a visual programming tool), Python, app development, web development, or more!
Ninja sessions are two hours long and have approximately the following format:
- Arrival (15 minutes before session starts) – check in, get your name tag, and get set up.
- Welcome & Icebreakers (first 15 minutes) – learn more about each other!
- Make something cool with code
- Showcase (last 15 minutes) – any Ninja who wishes to can demonstrate what they’ve been working on!
- Wrap up & Announcements